- 2 lbs. peeled red potatoes, cut in chunks
- 3 cups water
- rock salt
- 1/4 cup shoyu
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- Soak potato in 2 cups of water with rock salt for 10 minutes, then drain.
- Combine remaining one cup of water with the rest of the ingredients in a shallow pan. Bring mix to a boil to dissolve sugar.
- Add potatoes and cook over medium heat for 10-20 minutes, stirring until pieces are tender.
- Let potatoes sit in the sauce for another 20 minutes or so, stirring so the potatoes are coated in the sauce until they cool. Best served cold.